Home › Forums › AI & ML – April 2026 › Discussion: Module 6 – AIML-April-2026 › Reply To: Discussion: Module 6 – AIML-April-2026
-
AI is becoming more common in the hospitality industry, from chatbots answering guest questions to mobile check-in and personalized recommendations. While these tools can improve efficiency and the guest experience, they also raise important questions about privacy, security, and ethics.
-
One thing I’ve learned is that AI depends heavily on guest data to personalize experiences. Because hotels collect so much information, it’s important that guest data is stored securely and used responsibly.
-
I learned that AI systems can sometimes be biased depending on the data they are trained on. This could impact things like recommendations, pricing, or loyalty programs and may unintentionally treat guests differently.
-
I’ve also learned that AI should support hotel employees rather than replace them. Hospitality is built on human interaction, and while AI can make operations more efficient, guests still value personal service.
Two Questions I have are:
-
As AI becomes more common in hospitality, will smaller hotels be able to compete with larger brands if they don’t have the resources to invest in advanced technology?
-
What regulations will be put in place to ensure hotels use AI ethically and protect guest data?
The most interesting thing to me is how AI can personalize the guest experience. It’s impressive that technology can learn guest preferences and make recommendations that people actually enjoy, but it’s also interesting to think about where the line is between convenience and privacy and how this is disclosed to guests. I have yet to stay at a hotel that has integrated AI so I am curious for my next trip and now being so aware of it will be more observant
-
This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by
Rachel.
-