Home › Forums › AI & ML – August 2026 › Self – Introduction – AIML-August-2026

  • Self – Introduction – AIML-August-2026

    Posted by Dale on August 31, 2026 at 9:31 am
    As we embark on our journey in understanding the dynamics of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning on the hospitality industry, each of you brings unique experiences and insights to the table. This forum is designed to be a space where we can share, learn, and grow together. By reflecting on what the material available for each week, you can connect your personal experiences and gain deeper insights into the concepts we explore. 
      Activity 

    For this week’s activity, make a discussion prompt to include some of the following criteria. Using this forum, provide a short biography, and introduce yourself to the class by providing the following information:

    • Your Full Name (or Preferred name)
    • Your Picture (Recommended)
    • The segment of the Hospitality Industry that your work in
    • Optional: Include your title and company you work for
    • Share a tool or platform that you are presently using and why you enjoy it.
    • If you are using a Generative AI tool, which one and what do you like about it? Rate your level of knowledge.
    • What are your expectations from this course?
    • Any information you want to share with your classmates (optional)
    • For an additional fun, add a video to the written submission that is a 1-minute introduction of you!

     Submission Criteria  By participating actively, you not only reinforce your own learning but also enhance our collective understanding of the hospitality industry. Looking forward to reading your introductions and getting to know each of you! Your primary post should be completed by Wednesday. Engage with your peers by responding to at least 2 other posts with constructive feedback or additional thoughts, to be completed by Sunday.

    Paola replied 2 days, 16 hours ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Carolin

    Member
    September 2, 2026 at 9:19 am

    Hello everyone! My name is Dr. Carolin Lusby, and I am an Associate Professor in the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University. I also serve as lead faculty for the tourism program.

    My work focuses on sustainable tourism, destination management, cruise and marine tourism, and community-based tourism. I am especially interested in how tourism can create meaningful experiences while supporting local communities and protecting the places people travel to visit. Much of my international work has been in Brazil, where I have served twice as a Fulbright Scholar and collaborated with universities, tourism organizations, and local communities.

    I currently use generative AI tools such as ChatGPT to brainstorm ideas, develop course materials, organize research, and make online learning more engaging. I would describe my current knowledge level as intermediate: I use AI regularly, but I still have much to learn, particularly about machine learning, data analysis, automation, and the responsible use of AI.

    Through this course, I hope to better understand how AI and machine learning are transforming hospitality and tourism. I am especially interested in their applications to guest experiences, destination management, sustainability, personalization, and strategic decision-making. I also want to learn to use these technologies ethically without losing the human connection that is so important in hospitality.

    Outside of work, I love traveling, scuba diving, learning about different cultures, and spending time in Europe and Brazil. I look forward to learning from everyone’s professional experiences and exploring how we can use AI thoughtfully and creatively in our industry.

  • Adetokunbo

    Member
    September 3, 2026 at 6:47 pm

    Hello everyone, my name is Adetokunbo Ajao, and I am happy to be part of the Advanced Hospitality Technology program at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism management.

    I am currently transitioning into the hospitality industry and developing my knowledge and skills in hospitality management. .Although I do not have previous professional experience or formal training in hospitality. ,I am very interested in the hotel and lodging sector and hope to build a career in hospitality management.

    I am currently a hospitality management student / learner and do not presently work for a hospitality company.

    One platform I presently enjoy using is You Tube particularly for learning. I am currently exploring CHATGPT as my primary generative AI tool.. I enjoy using it because it helps me learn new concept,

    organize ideas and improve my understanding of unfamiliar subjects.

    I would rate my current knowledge of Generative AI as beginner to intermediate and I am particularly interested in learning how AI can be applied professionally within the hospitality industry.

    My main expectation is to gain practical understanding of how Artificial intelligence, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies can be applied to areas such as hotel operations, guest experience ,marketing , revenue management, customer service and decision making.

    As ,someone making a career transition into hospitality, I look forward to learning from my classmates, sharing ideas and building meaningful professional relationship.

  • Arnaldo

    Member
    September 12, 2026 at 11:10 am

    Hello everyone, My name is Arnaldo Rivera and I am the Senior Accountant for a company name Olshan Properties which is a commercial real estate development and management firm located on Madison avenue in New York City. That includes a Hospitality division owning hotels in Boston, Florida, Chicago and Atlanta. For the last five years I have been involved directly with all the Directors of Finance in each properties to keep the financial statements as accurate as possible to been delivered to upper management and the end of the month in order for them to understand the financial position and make decisions based on the information, and to have a smooth and successful end of the year audit. In my visits to the properties, I have been granted access to the management daily meetings and that is how I got very interested in Hospitality, to the point that I just began my second Master degree in Hospitality management.

    I think Artificial Intelligence is the future, especially in the hospitality industry and that is why I enrolled in this course. I use CHATGPT for research and I am in the beginning stage using generative AI tools.

    At the end of this course I hope to better understand how I can AI be used to generate better results, when I get the chance to lead.

    Outside work I love to spent time with my family and also I like to travel.

  • Paola

    Member
    September 26, 2026 at 2:16 pm

    Hello everyone! My name is Paola Bisoneaux. I have spent more than 15 years in luxury hospitality, with a focus on food and beverage operations, guest experience, and hotel leadership. My work has taken me from restaurants and events to general manager roles at boutique hotels and resorts. I enjoy finding practical ways to improve service while helping teams work more effectively.

    One platform I use regularly is ChatGPT. I use it to organize ideas, develop training materials, explore business questions, and strengthen my writing. I would describe my knowledge of generative AI as intermediate: I use it often, but I am still learning how to evaluate its output and apply it responsibly in hospitality.

    I hope this course will help me use AI more effectively to improve operations, team development, and guest experiences. I look forward to learning from classmates who work in different parts of the industry and sharing ideas we can put into practice.

Log in to reply.